California State University's Ceramic program is seeking an emerging artist with MFA degree completed within the last three years for an opportunity to work in our facilities for a one-semester residency (sixteen weeks) beginning with the Fall 2016 semester (beginning late August).
• Approximately 400 SQ FT semi-private studio space.
• Possibility of renewing residency for the Spring 2017 semester (through May 2017).
• $500 ceramic materials budget per semester.
• Possibility of teaching one beginning course in the Ceramic Arts curriculum (upon approval).
• Open use of kilns and in-house stock of raw materials (within reasonable limits).
• Exhibition of work completed if residency is renewed for the spring (optional).
• Public lecture.
Applicants should have graduated with an MFA degree within the past 3 years. Some college level teaching experience not necessary but preferred (if assigned a course to teach). Should have a car and the ability to support oneself with the help of a modest teaching income. We do not provide housing.
To Apply: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• CV / artist resume
• artist statement
• statement about your goals while working at CSULB
• contact info for two references: email / phone
• link to a website, Instagram, Facebook, or other accessible web-based location where we can view your work.
Application deadline: April 20th 2016.
Selection made before May 1st